I’m Zach Prez. I created Photography Spark to give business information to photographers so they can gain more clients.
Photo by Jill Carmel at the California State Capitol in Sacramento.
I have 10 years of internet marketing experience and helped thousands of photographers over the last 5 years. My expertise includes:
- SEO – Ranking sites in Google
- Social media – Setting up social profiles to get more followers and engagement
- Design – Designing websites to get more sales
- Email marketing – Creating campaigns to get more subscribers, opens and clicks
- Copywriting – Crafting pages and posts for search, social, and sales
- Web analytics – Tracking traffic, dollars, and opportunities across the Internet
- Marketing – Getting customers, affiliates, and sales
I’ve written 9 ebooks for photographers, including an SEO Cookbook in 2013. I’ve created products for premier online companies like Design Aglow and been featured in publications such as Professional Photographer Magazine, Chic Magazine and This Week in Photography.
When starting my online business I learned people like to do business with other people. That’s why you’ll see my face on almost every page of this website. Once you get to know me, you’re more likely to become a customer. Please copy this approach for your photography website.
Meet Zach Prez
- I have a family of 5 and am proud to coach my daughter’s soccer team.
- I love Seinfeld, and know most episodes by heart. My all-time favorite is the Marine Biologist.
- I’m impressed with my own ability to cut fruit quickly. I eat a good 5-7 pieces of fruit a day, so I have experience. If fruit-cutting was an Olympic sport… you get the idea.
- I’m always on the lookout for a great “bum-spot” which would be a place I could hideout if I ever became homeless.
- I wear spandex. Every time I ride a bicycle, which is every day. I estimate about 4% of my adult life is spent in spandex.
- I wear a Claddagh ring. My wife comes from an Irish family and we exchanged Claddaghs shortly after we started dating over 10 years ago. As I type, I see it as a pleasant reminder of our love, friendship, and loyalty.
- Black Friday is my favorite day of the year. During the big buying frenzy in the U.S. you’ll find me out shopping from 10pm on Thanksgiving night straight through to the next morning.
- My favorite city is San Luis Obispo where I got my undergraduate degree at Cal Poly, built my first website, met my wife, and return each year for family vacations on the beach.
- I have a full-time job. Like many of you, I have yet to make the leap 100% to the photography industry. Working as Internet Director at a national magazine company in the U.S. helps me to keep on top of Internet changes, which seem to be daily (especially for Facebook).
- I prefer tea over coffee, but only the plain Lipton stuff. Not too hot either. I usually dilute my tea with a half cup of cold water so I can drink it down fast.